Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Hey there, Delilah.......

You've probably heard of Delilah, the relationship guru on the radio late at night to tell you whether to love him or leave him, then gives you a mushy song to make you cry even more. Well, tonight I was watching nightline news and they were interviewing her about her story. She's had several failed marriages and is currently single (with 10 kids, most were adopted which is awesome). This made me think about the people who give you advice and write books about advice. Why is it that most of the so called "educated" advice people REALLY shouldn't be the ones to give the advice? It seems to me that if you don't have kids, you really shouldn't write a book about it. If you aren't having successful relationships/marriages, should you honestly be giving relationship advice? That's not to say that I don't like Delilah, I have found myself listening to her on the long trips back from South Carolina. However, a lot of the advice she gives is common since that I trust my friends would give under the same circumstances. The only difference is I'm sure my friends' answers/advice probably wouldn't be allowed on the air of radios!

No comments: