Thursday, January 15, 2009

Don't you hate it when....

....you decide you really want to have , you decide you're going to cook it for dinner.....only to find out you're missing a key ingredient that there is no substitution for? Well, that's what happened to me today. Fortunately for me, I realized this at 2pm, instead of 5. I wanted pancakes. With scrambled eggs. And turkey bacon. Yum!! Only, I didn't have my trusty Bisquick box from which to cook. Lucky for me, I'm best buds with Google. Did you know that most homemade pancake recipes need buttermilk? Don't have that either. I did, however stumble onto http://www.breakfast-and-brunch-recipes.com/easypancakerecipe.html and found a super easy (and healthy) homemade yogurt pancake recipe which had stuff I always have on hand (minus the baking soda, but Google stepped in again and gave me a substitute). So I tried it around 3, just in case I need a back-up plan. Luckily, it's pretty tasty. In fact, I've now added it to my cookbook.

......you see you've got a comment from a newbie to your blog, only to discover it's really like the blog-o-marketers leaving a link to their blog with a reference to something you've never even blogged about (aka snake wine). I find this really irritating. FYI if you're going to link to your own blog, at least take the time to read the post and reference something that I actually typed! He HAS been deleted. =P

....you suffer through all this freezing weather (I know, so do you) and don't even get the reward of a dusting of snow.... Just saying.....

4 comments:

stephanie said...

I actually have a really good recipie for pancakes that do not require buttermilk. I could on and on about "don't you hate it when..". For example, Don't you hate it when you do laundry, only to find that your drain is clogged and all of the water has backed up into the bathtub. yeah, happened to me today...along with my kids being sick with a stomache virus.

stephanie said...

oh yeah, fyi, you can make buttermilk substitute by mixing regular 1 cup milk and 1 tsp vinegar.

jaime said...

I do hate the cooking thing. We're pretty anal about our meals, though, and plan everything on Sunday (what we're eating every day, and then we check for and buy everything we need.) Seriously. It's crazy. Only occasionally do we move away from the list.

I hate the comments thing, too. I love comments. I'm lucky enough to not have had the random blog comments appear that have nothing to do with my blog, so I'm glad you deleted him.

I hate that I waited until almost the third week in January to book a hotel in Nashville (for the end of APRIL) because most of the hotels are no longer available. I guess I should have booked it in August, when I signed up for the marathon!

Brooklyn said...

That's so cool..I'll have to try and google some pancake recipes! I'm not very "domestic" though, so who knows how my food will turn out...